Medical Cannabis Cultivation
The City of Adelanto allows and regulates Medical Cannabis activities in zoned areas. Applicants are responsible for reading and understanding City Ordinances and regulations related to Medical Cannabis Cultivation. Medical Cannabis activity is only allowed in those zones indicated on city zoning map. Please review the Medical Cannabis application and city zoning map prior to submittal. Applications will be review by a city planner which are only accepted in specific zoned areas. Application processing fee is non-refundable and permit is non-transferrable. Please see process below for cultivation.
1. Secure property within City of Adelanto cultivation area. (Letter from leasing agent or property owner grant deed)
2. Fill out Medical Cannabis application completely and submit application to the City of Adelanto Planning Department. Be sure to get Department of Justice live scan done. The application processing fee is $7000 per category (non-refundable and non-transferable). Application review / process may take up to 30 to 90 day more or less.
3. Application for permit will be reviewed by a city Planner following denial or approval letter which will be sent to applicant for signature.
4. Apply for Conditional Use Permit to follow cultivation permit. Comprehensive Application. Conditional Use Permit (CUP) will be submitted to Planning Commission for approval.
6. Approval of your Medical Cannabis and Conditional Use permits plans for Tentative Improvements / new commercial may be submitted to Building and Safety Department and submit plans to San Bernardino County Fire Department 15900 Smoke Street, Hesperia, CA. 92345 Building & Safety Application.
7. Obtain a City of Adelanto Business License
Medical Cannabis Ordinances
- Chapter 3.60 Cannabis Exise Tax
- Dispensaries Ordinance 553
- Ordinance NO. 548 Regarding Distribution Transportation and Testing
- Ordinance NO. 555 Personal Cultivation and Personal use of Cannabis
- Ordinance NO. 539 Medical Marijuana Cultivation
- Ordinance NO. 545 Medical Marijuana Manufacturing
- Ordinance NO. 556 Cultivation change Land Use
- Ordinance NO. 557 Overlay Zone
- Ordinance NO. 559 Implement and exise tax on commercial cannabis.pdf
- Ordinance NO. 558 Allow Indoor Medical Cannabis Manfacturing in LM Zone.pdf
- Ordinance NO. 561 City Legal Authority to enter and inspect cultivation areas
- Ordinance NO. 553 - Medical Cannabis Dispensaries
- Ordinance NO. 557 Overlay Zone
- Ordinance NO. 569 Voluntary Square footage contribution gross receipts tax
- Ordinance NO. 563 Create an overlay zone pemitting medical cannabis activities
- Ordinance NO. 564 Restrict Medical Cannabis within city to properties within the city cannabis overlay zone
- Ordinance NO. 567 Medical Cannabis Cultivation Water Requirements
- Ordinance NO. 573 Medical Cannabis Transportation, to conform with state regulations
- Ordinance NO. 575 Permit certain Voluntary contributors to qualify for a reduced contribution rate
- Ordinance NO. 572 Regulate Volatile Manufacturing of cannabis within the city
- Ordinance NO. 576 Extending the manufacture indusdtrial zone correct past land use inconsistencies and extend aiport park district area
- Ordinance NO. 577 Create ovelay zone and establish the city cannabis overlay zones
- Ordinance NO. 578 Temporary Cannabis Facilities
- Ordinance NO. 581 Eliminating FAR Requirements
- Ordinance NO. 579 Regulations pertaining to Medical Marijuana Nurseries